Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Food Allergy Awareness Week (In Canada) Part 2

So, I had no luck with Twitter. Lots of stuff going on in the U.S., but the EpiPen/AAIA Take Action event is all I can find in Canada! Next year, that's going to have to change. I hate waiting.

But, Allergic Living's handy newsletter arrived in my email inbox this morning. (It's not possible to express how much I love that mag and website.) According to them, it is Food Allergy Awareness Month. So, I'm very slightly vindicated.

There seems to be so much stuff going on in the U.S. and I hope we can get up to that level. Since I'm new to the allergy community in general (strange considering my background) I'd love to hear about anything going on anywhere. If I'm missing something in Canada, please let me know, too.

On a vaguely related note, thank you to Bell Canada for your $10 million donation to Toronto's Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)! That's community involvement! To read one of the many articles, click here. Everyone benefits from that kind of contribution whether they use CAMH's services or not.

On that note, I'm going to try and enjoy the sunny (and "pollinated") day! Apparently we only have about 90 days of summer; so, I have to take all the sunshine I can get. Technically, it's still spring...

No comments:

Post a Comment